We are a charismatic community church based in South Norfolk, serving the towns of Diss and Harleston and the surrounding area.
DC3 (Diss Christian Community Church) began in 1948, and are members of The Evangelical Alliance, a partner church with 24-7 prayer and part of the Pioneer Network.
Our story started in August 1947 when a Christian evangelist came to Diss. A large group of people heard the gospel of Jesus and they became Christians. In 1948 they formed an Assemblies of God church and appointed their first pastor.
In 1955 the church purchased a property in Mount Street Diss, where meetings continued for the next 30 years. Over those years many changes took place and in 1985 it was decided to establish a new church called Diss Christian Community Church (DC3). There were 29 members in total.
The following year the present site in Vinces Road was purchased. Phase 1 of the building was completed within 18 months and the church moved in. Phase 2 of the building, which includes the Sports Hall, was completed in January 1997, with the hope that it could become a part of the community and somewhere that was welcoming and open to all.
In 2005 we began a new congregation in Harleston, which initially met in a small upstairs room in the Leisure Centre. This part of Hope Church now meets in the Archbishop Sancroft school.
In October 2017 DC3 became part of the Pioneer Network of Churches and in February 2018 we launched Hope Church.
Come along and join us on a Sunday morning to learn more about what we do or get in touch with us here. We would love to meet you!